Bedfordshire East Schools Trust ("we" “us” or BEST) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Bedfordshire East Schools Trust of BEST House, Shefford Road, Clifton, Shefford, Bedfordshire, SG17 5QS incorporated and registered in England and Wales as a company limited by guarantee with company number 6865093 a as a charity with the Charity Commission under registration number 1132611.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Ms Catherine Bailey.
The Suppliers Sites that Link to Our Site
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by BEST or one of our suppliers or affiliates, and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site with the Suppliers and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers and Suppliers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
An RSA encrypted GUID of the user’s internal database ID. This is essential to facilitate logging in to the members areas
The cookie will expire after 30 minutes.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers in the UK. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service if any, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To communicate with you and to provide you information in relation to the governance of BEST and in particular any elections of officers.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties or our Suppliers to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by email, post or telephone.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form).
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers or Suppliers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' and Suppliers wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If BEST or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party or transferred to a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, Suppliers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee currently set at £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Join our community
Join up today for FREE to help improve the prospects for our school children and enjoy some unique member benefits.
- Have your say...
- BEST community discounts and offers...
- Latest announcements...
- Group promotions...
- Featured articles...
- Cost savings...
- And much more...